Tours & Events
Social Events Programme
The social events will provide participants with an opportunity to relax after conference sessions, to network with friends and acquaintances in wonderful friendship atmosphere at heaven. Exclusive content of social events will create for you unforgettable memories in Antalya. All events are prepared by a professional entertainment team. Social events are provided from Gloria Golf Resorts & Hotels and IAEE Organizing Committee.
May 24, Sunday, 06.00 pm – 07.00 pm : Student Happy Hour, Gloria Serenity Lobby Bar Terrace
May 24, Sunday, 07.00 pm – 08.15 pm : Opening Reception, Acısu Green Area
May 25, Monday, 08.30 am – 09.30 am : Student Breakfast Meeting, Manyas 3
May 25, Monday, 08.45 pm – 11.00 pm: Conference Networking Reception, Gloria Golf Course
Shuttle services for the "CONFERENCE NETWORKING RECEPTION" on the 25th of May, Monday at 20:45, between all GLORIA HOTELS and GLORIA GOLF COURSE at 23:00, between GLORIA GOLF COURSE and all GLORIA HOTELS. Also, a ring service between the hours of 20:45 and 23:00 will be available
May 25, Monday, 09.45-10.45 pm : Alice in Wonderland, Amphitheatre
May 26, Tuesday, 09.45-10.45 pm : Hurrem Sultan, Amphitheatre
May 26, Tuesday, 09.45 pm – 00.30 am : Istanbul Show, Beach
May 27, Wednesday, 09.45-10.45 pm : Pirates of the Caribbean, Amphitheatre
May 27, Wednesday, 09.45 pm – 00.30 am : Live Music, Soloist :Yamaç, Beach
A. Gloria Hotels & Resorts: Energy Management Tour
Date: May 28, Thursday, Time: 09:30 – 11:00 (20 people); Enrollment Fee: $30
At the IAEE conference (May, 25th-27th) delegates will be able to join tour at Gloria Hotels & Resort Energy Management System. Tour starts at Convention Center, includes Hotel Energy Management System, Sports Arena and takes one and half hour. The aim of this tour is to show how to manage energy supply and chain in hotels and resorts and how to control power security.Gloria Hotels & Resorts places emphasize on quality practices and perform the necessary tasks, in order to render its high quality services, innovative nature, and shareholders' satisfaction, its environmental and social added value sustainable. Gloria Hotels & Resorts spanning an area of 2.122.000 m2 consists of Gloria Golf Resort, Gloria Serenity Resort, Gloria Verde Resort and Golf Club and Gloria Sports Arena. Gloria Sports Arena is a modern sports complex with indoor, outdoor and aquatic sports facilities. It is built on 105.000 m² (10.5 hectare) in Belek-Antalya-Turkey, where over 50 different sports disciplines and camps will be hosted. Facilities are equipped and built by using the most modern technological developments in sports. Gloria Sports Arena offers professional service for individual athletes, teams and groups such as national teams, clubs, sport groups, amateur athletes, professional athletes, all season training camps, summer school camps, tournaments, events, congresses, conventions and conferences. Together with nearly 2900 bed capacity, social activity facilities, bars and restaurants and sports arena, Gloria Gold Hotels & Resorts needs high amount of energy for sustainable services. The management of energy for these huge facilities is complex and difficult to manage. However, for energy management system you can clearly see how to handle this complexity.
B. AKSA Antalya Combined Cycle Power Plant
Date: May 28, Thursday; Time: 09:00 – 13:00 (40 people); Enrollment Fee: $75
Tour starts at Convention Center. First of all, managers of Aksa Antalya Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) make a presentation of Aksa Plant and introduce their power plant, and then technical tour to AKSA Antalya CCPP starts. It takes 4 hours with transportation. As the one of the Turkey’s leader energy company, AKSA invest to a CCP Plant in Antalya. CCP Plant is combined cycle natural gas fired power plant and the capacity is 1150 MW. Phase 1 of combined cycle conversion completed in Dec 2009 and Phase 2 of combined cycle conversion completed in third quarter of 2011.
- 1st phase: 4 x GE LM6000 gas turbines with 50MW each and 4 x IST boilers and 2 x GE Thermodyne steam turbines with 25MW each
- 2nd phase: 2 x SIEMENS SGT5-4000F gas turbines with 300MW each and 2 x NOOTEER ERIKSEN HRSGs; 1 x SIEMENS 300MW STG-5000F steam turbine
Sightseeing in Antalya
- ANTALYA HARBOUR: Antalya has got a beautiful small natural harbour surrounded with ancient city walls dating 2C AD. Local boats organize daily boat trips along the Antalya Coast from 1 hour to all day. There are also a few cafes and fish restaurants in Antalya Harbour.
- OLD TOWN (KALEİÇİ): Antalya Old Town consist of restored wooden houses from Ottoman Period of Antalya. Some of the houses has been converted to hotels or restaurants. These hotels offer a luxury and comfortable accommodation with their original Turkish architecture. There also many gift shops and pretty restaurants in Old Town situated in small gardens of historical houses.
- ANTALYA ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUM: Antalya Museum is one of the best in Turkey with a rich collection of ancient Roman Statues and marble sarcophaguses. Ancient objects are displayed in different sections with chronological order. Especially Marble Statues of ancient Gods/Goddesses and the statues of Roman Emperors must see in Antalya Museum. Most of the statues had been brought here from nearby ancient city, PERGE. Antalya Museum is only 10 minutes from city center and you can take a local tramway which runs every half an hour.
- KALEİÇİ MUSEUM and RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF MEDITERANEAN CIVILISATIONS: First Museum in Antalya located in Old Town. The old Orthodox church has been restored and turned in to Museum and a research institute. Old Antalya pictures are displayed here. You can also see the traditional Turkish House decorated in local style.
- HADRIAN'S GATE: First and only Roman monument in Antalya is a monumental gate dating 2C AD. Emperor Hadrian visited Antalya and the citizens of Antalya built this impressive marble gate and dedicated it to the Emperor Hadrian. Hadrianus Gate is located 10 minutes walk from Republic Square in Antalya is also known as TRIPLE GATE by locals.
- WATERFALLS: Antalya is the city of beautiful waterfalls. There are 4 waterfalls in and around Antalya:
- UPPER DÜDEN WATERFALL: 20 km from city center. Beautiful public park with pine trees and small lakes..
- LOVER DÜDEN WATERFALL (ALSO KNOWN KARPUZKALDIRAN): is situated in Antalya center. This is a beautiful waterfall in Antalya which offers a great view of Mediterranean coast and Antalya Bay.
- KURŞUNLU WATERFALL: 15 km from city center. Situated amongs the pine forest and also a beautiful nature park. You can see some of the artifical lakes with sea turtles and trout fish in this lakes.
- MANAVGAT WATERFALL: Located in 5 km from Manavgat Town but it is quite far from Antalya city center (40 km). If you stay in one of the hotels in SİDE, you can see this waterfall after only 10 minutes drive as Manavgat Town is only 5 km from Side.
- PERGE ANCIENT CITY: Perge is the best preserved ancient Roman city around Antalya. Ancient Greco-Roman Theatre, Stadium, Roman Baths, Agora and other ruins are impressive. Perge excavations are still going on since 1946 by İstanbul University. It is the most visited and popular ancient city around Antalya. Perge ruins are only 20 km from Antalya city center and situated in AKSU town. There is a nice bookstore with books on this ancient city and also on Turkey. Next to the bookstore, there is a small cafe where you can have a tea, coffee, water and other soft drinks. (East of Antalya, Aksu Town. The main road turns left from Aksu Town and 2 km further)
- ASPENDOS: If you want to see a real Roman Theatre, Aspendos Theatre is the best preserved Roman Theatre in ancient world. Aspendos is located 40 km east of Antalya and takes 40 minutes drive to get there. Opera and Ballet performances take place in summer months at nights in this theatre. Turkish dance group FIRE OF ANATOLIA performs at nearby modern amphiteatre called ASPENDOS ARENA.
- SIDE: Side is a local pretty resort town with 5 star hotels, restaurants, cafes, shops and nice beach. Side is a natural peninsula east of Antalya about 50 km and definitely one of the must see places around Antalya. Side was also an ancient city with theatre, Side Museum Agora etc. You should definitely visit small archaeology museum in Side and Apollo Temple. There is a direct bus to Side from Antalya Bus station. You can also join one of the boat trips in Side Harbour.
- OLYMPOS AND PHASELIS ancient cities are located west of Antalya coast (about 70-90 km). If you rent car, you can follow west coast road following the signs, you should visit first PHASELIS then OLYMPOS ancient cities. Phaselis 65 km and Olympos is about 75 km from Antalya.
- SHOPPING: There are great LEATHER CENTERS in Antalya selling leather jackets, coats and hand bags. There are several local markets and bazaars in Antalya. Antalya center is the best place for shopping in general.
Please contact SENATUR for sightseeing tours in Antalya (email@example.com)
Sightseeing around Antalya
(Pre/Post Conference Tour Destinations, 1-5 days)
Cappodocia - Land Of The Fairy Chimneys
Pamukkale - The Cotton Castle
Yachting The Blue Cruise
- Phaselis, which is famous for its three natural coves. Phaselis was renowned for perfume trade with rose essences during the antique era and inhabited by Colonists in 7th B.C.
- The antique city of Olympos, once a base of pirates.
- Demre (or Myra) is famous for being the birthplace of St. Nicholas, who is regarded as the protector of children, the poor and the sailors and who lived here in the Byzantine Era.
- Kekova Island. This is just opposite Kale Village, where the houses in the city slid to the sea as a result of an earthquake in Byzantine Era.
- Kaş. The ancient ruins and historic centre with exceptionally beautiful streets.